Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do we go when we arrive?
Please head to the registration desk, which will be outside the arena entrance and will be visible as soon as you enter the building. After registering your choir’s attendance you will be shown to your rehearsal room. Parking information and directions can be found here.
- Can you book a rehearsal room?
You have all been allocated a rehearsal room in Venue Cymru for 30 minutes prior to your competition. You should have all received a rehearsal room schedule.
- Will there be somewhere for us to get changed?
Men’s changing facilities are situated in the Rhuddlan Suite and Ladies changing facilities are situated in the Alwen Suite.
- Where can we leave our belongings?
There will be a manned cloak room where you can leave all of your belongings whilst you are competing, or you are welcome to take your belonging into the arena with you at your own risk. 15 minutes before your competition begins you will be lead from your rehearsal room and down to the arena. Ensure you have taken your belongings to the cloakroom prior to this.
- Can we watch other competitions?
As competing choirs, you are eligible to watch your competition free of charge however, prices for any other competitions or for supporters are £8 for adults and £4 for children.
- What are the risers like?
The choral riser has 4 rows/steps and side railings. The front row is 21ft long. The back row is 30ft long. Each row is curved. There is a depth of 11ft. More information is listed in the rules and regulations.
- How long is our singing time?
For the competitions, you will have 10 minutes, actual singing time. The clock will be stopped for the transition between your songs. You will be penalised if you go over. Please find more information in the rules and regulations. Those performing in the Saturday evening concert, you will have 7 minutes (untimed) performance time each.
- Please arrive prior to your rehearsal time to register.
- Please remember to collect your sheet music from the registration desk after the competition.
- Catering facilities can be found on the Venue Cymru website or at the registration desk.
- Please read the rules and regulations for more information.
If you have any queries you can contact the organisers using the details below:
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone: 01492 577839